Proposals for the 2022-23 academic year
UCOP released the call for proposals from programs that charge Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition (PDST) with expiring multi-year plans, or from programs that wish to establish a PDST charge for a new or existing program effective beginning summer or fall 2022.
Programs that would like to establish a PDST for a new or existing program beginning summer or fall 2022 should email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than Monday, September 20 to begin the proposal process.
PDST proposal overview for new programs
New PDST program proposals must meet both the UC Compendium academic requirements and Regents policy on student fees. Please contact the Graduate Division for advice on the academic approval for new graduate degree programs.
Regents policy on Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition (PDST) requires each PDST program to submit a multi-year fee plan. New fees may not be implemented and existing fees may not be increased without approval of the multi-year plan by the UC Regents.
General approval timeline
- Please contact the Graduate Division for the academic approval timeline. Be aware that academic approval for a new PDST program can take 18 months.
- UCOP issues the call for new PDST fees and existing PDST fee increase in August each year.
- PDST fee proposals are due to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in late September or early October. The specific due date varies by year and will be communicated to the DFLs annually.
- PDST fee proposals are provided to the Graduate Assembly, Graduate Division, and EVCP for review in early to mid-October.
- PDST fee proposals are submitted by the Chancellor to UCOP in late October.
- The UC Board of Regents will review and approve multi-year plans for new PDST programs at the January or March Regents meeting.
- The Chancellor must approve all PDST fee proposals before they can be submitted to UCOP.
- The Regents must approve all multi-year fee proposals for new and existing programs.
- UCOP must approve any reductions to previously approved PDST rates.
Contact email@example.com with questions.