Financial Planning & Analysis
The mission of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is to effectively manage the financial resources of UC Berkeley in support of instruction, research, and public service. We work with campus academic and administrative units to assess ongoing budget and planning issues, implement the campus budget process, and establish and monitor controls over campus resources. We also provide decision support to campus leadership through financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting.
Through the Office of Planning and Analysis, we provide analysis, reporting and forecasting to support enrollment planning and student success. Finally, we are responsible for ensuring that campus budgetary policy and practice conform to federal, state, and university regulations.
- The budget process
- Management and allocation of central resources
- Financial and capital planning, reporting, and analysis
- Financial systems management and business Intelligence
- Institutional research and enrollment planning
- Capital accounting
- Contract administration
- Finance reform and other strategic initiatives