Commitments are the end product of past leadership decisions as well as Finance Committee and Budget decisions. A complete list of Commitments can be located on your Divisional Commitment Intersection Detail Report (IDR) in your Budget Process folder in the CFO Shared drive (Google Doc). They are mostly divided between Faculty-Related Commitments and Non-Faculty-Related Commitments.
Faculty-related commitments are defined for this purpose as: Start-up; Retention; ASMD; and Chancellor's Professorships (Chancellor professorships are those that are offered via startup or retention in lieu of an actual chair - until one can be found, and are on central funds). All other commitments should be queued using the "non-faculty related" commitment form. For commitments to be funded in a particular quarter, please complete the forms no later than 30 days prior to the last day of the quarter. Please refer to the below calendar for detail. Please note that following commitments do not need to be queued:
- Budget Decisions (These will be posted on the last journal day for December month-close.) *
- EVCP TAS
- Star Awards
- BEAR Grants
- Productivity Suite withdrawals (These will be transacted on the last journal day for December month-close.)
- McEnerney Funds (commits #119011, 119012, 119013)
- Rotating Endowed Chairs (University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) will transfer the annual payout to divisions’ DeptIDs directly. Please refer to the Endowed Chair page for detail.)
If none of these meet your needs, email us at email@example.com with "Commitments inquiries" in the subject line of your email. All inquiries must be reviewed and submitted by your Divisional Finance Leader.
* Budget decisions can be located on your Divisional Commitment Intersection Detail Report (IDR). The following commitment records are considered budget decisions: 116011, 116013, 117009, 117011, 117055, 119004, 119005, 119024, 120006, 121006, 121011, 121018, 122007, and 122008.