Commitments are the end product of past leadership decisions as well as Finance Committee and Budget decisions. A complete list of Commitments can be located on your Divisional Commitment Intersection Detail Report (IDR) in your Budget Process folder in the CFO Shared drive (Google Doc). They are mostly divided between Faculty-Related Commitments and Non-Faculty-Related Commitments.
Faculty-related commitments are defined for this purpose as: Start-up; Retention; ASMD; and Chancellor's Professorships (Chancellor professorships are those that are offered via startup or retention in lieu of an actual chair - until one can be found, and are on central funds).All other commitments are considered non-faculty related.
For commitments to be funded in a particular quarter, please complete the forms no later than 30 days prior to the last day of the quarter. Please refer to the below calendar for detail. Please note that following commitments do not need to be queued:
- Budget Decisions (These will be posted on the last journal day for December month-close.) *
- EVCP TAS
- Star Awards
- BEAR Grants
- Productivity Suite withdrawals (These will be transacted on the last journal day for December month-close.)
- Campus Data Network VC Admin Assessment (will be transacted on the last journal day for December month-close)
- McEnerney Funds (commits #119011, 119012, 119013)
- Rotating Endowed Chairs (University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) will transfer the annual payout to divisions’ DeptIDs directly. Please refer to the Endowed Chair page for detail.)
Additional Information for Faculty-Related Commitments
Back-up documentation needed for Faculty-related Commitments:
If a non-conventional start-up package, provide approval documentation from Vice Provost or EVCP
Signed retention letter
Approval communication from Vice Provost or EVCP
PDF of UCPath Page to show professor has active appointment
Other faculty salary - related commitment request (e.g. summer 1/9ths)
Calculations to support the requested amount
ASMD: New as of FY2020-21: Please provide screen shots of UCPath entries for ASMD leave begin dates and ASMD end dates when you queue ASMD funding through the faculty queue. Below are examples of the entries needed:
Pathway to Retirement Funding
The management of funding allocations for the Pathway to Retirement program has been transferred to the Academic Personnel Office (APO). Please submit divisional requests for central funding to Yasya Goretsky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include a copy of the signed Pathway to Retirement Agreement, and supporting documentation identifying the course(s) taught, semester, instructor(s), and GL detail when relevant. This documentation should be provided from campus-based systems, such as the Berkeley Academic Guide (course catalog) and Cal Answers.
Starting in FY23 there will only be one Queue Commitment Form.
* Budget decisions can be located on your Divisional Commitment Intersection Detail Report (IDR). The following commitment records are considered budget decisions: 116011, 116013, 117009, 117011, 117055, 119004, 119005, 119024, 120006, 121006, 121011, 121018, 122007, 122008, 123001, and 123005.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com with "Commitments inquiries" in the subject line of your email. All inquiries must be reviewed and submitted by your Divisional Finance Leader.