Please note that the process listed on this page is the internal process for the VC Finance division.
This is our documentation for our staff of how we meet the People and Culture guidelines.
STAR awards allow us to acknowledge and reward exemplary performance and contributions by employees. The program is governed by Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) 34 which provides guidelines for all university cash recognition awards.
Please refer to the Recognition and Non-Cash Awards page for more about the STAR awards, including criteria and eligibility.
SPOT Awards Only in 2021
Please note that per People and Culture's announcement, we will only distribute SPOT awards under the STAR Award Program in 2021.
STAR Award Nomination Process for VC Finance Division Only
If you would like to nominate an employee for a STAR award, please follow the process outlined below. Please contact the Immediate Office with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a STAR Plan Nomination Form
- Please use the Word version of the form
- Please do not submit multiple nominations within the same file
- Separate the nominations by staff name
- Send the nomination form to the nominee’s Supervisor / Manager and copy the program administrator in your department
- Supervisor / Manager reviews nominations for eligibility, approves and signs the form
- Supervisor / Manager submits signed and approved nominations to Star Award Committee by emailing nomination forms to email@example.com
- Star Award Committee reviews and approves nominations
- Program Administrator writes award letters, gathers approval signatures from an Associate Vice Chancellor or Vice Chancellor, distributes letters to Supervisors / Managers
- Supervisors / Managers send signed award letters to winners
- Program Administrator sends information on award payments to People and Culture for processing and confirms payment date
Please note: Currently, the Program Administrator for VC Finance is Heidi Van Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Adile Quennarouch - Executive Director, Finance and Capital Asset Strategies
- Amy Gardner - Executive Director, University Business Partnerships and Services
- Chris Stanich - Associate Vice Chancellor, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Heidi Van Yang - Business Operations and Communications, Vice Chancellor of Finance Immediate Office
- Kevin Mack - Divisional Finance Leader, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Michael Riley - Associate Vice Chancellor and Controller
- Rosemary Kim - Chief of Staff to Vice Chancellor of Finance