The Financial Systems unit supports the core university planning and reporting systems. The unit prepares and monitors financial job production schedules to ensure accurate and effective data administration, and manages security procedures for access to the financial planning and reporting systems. The department serves as a liaison between the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Information Systems and Technology (IST) and outside vendors on administrative system technology matters, which include new development or modifications to existing system processes. When new projects or modifications to existing processes are prioritized with the OCFO and the department works to develop requirements, test, and ensure smooth implementation.
Systems supported by VC Finance.
- BFS: UC Berkeley's general ledger system where finances are transacted.
- BIBS: Berkeley Integrated Budget System.
- CalPlanning: UC Berkeley's campus-wide financial planning and analysis tool.
- Cal Answers: UC Berkeley tool to view centralized, integrated information from various campus systems.
- Reimbursement UC Berkeley's primary reimbursement tool, including supplies, travel, and entertainment.
- Financial Operations: A series of processes and systems including accounts payable, procurement, cash handling, and travel.
Systems that we do not directly support but that are included in VCF processes.
- BearBUY: UC Berkeley's procurement system.