Proposals for the 2023-24 academic year
UCOP released the call for proposals from programs that charge Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition (PDST) with expiring multi-year plans, or from programs that wish to establish a PDST charge for a new or existing program effective beginning summer or fall 2023.
The following programs must submit a new multi-year plan if they intend to continue charging PDST in summer or fall 2023:
- Master of Development Practice (MDP)
- Master of Arts in Education – Principal Leadership Institute (PLI)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Master of Journalism
- Doctor of Optometry
- Master of Science in Chemistry – Product Development Program (PDP)
- Master of Arts in Education – Teacher Education
All proposal materials - including the call letter, UCOP deadlines, instructions and planning assumptions, templates, tables, and guidance - can be found in the FY2023-24 PDST bdrive folder.
Draft materials (including Part A and Part B) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to an accelerated deadline from UCOP, the deadline to submit proposals to FP&A is Friday, September 23.
For programs with previously approved multi-year plans:
UCOP has asked that ALL programs with previously approved multi-year plans either:
- (a) confirm that they intend to charge the maximum approved PDST rate; or
- (b) request UCOP approval to charge a rate lower than was approved
Please email email@example.com confirming your proposed 2023-24 charges by Thursday, November 10, 2022
General approval timeline
- UCOP issues the call for new PDST fees and existing PDST fee increase in August each year.
- PDST fee proposals are due to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in late September or early October. The specific due date varies by year and will be communicated to the DFLs annually.
- PDST fee proposals are provided to the Graduate Assembly, Graduate Division, and EVCP for review in early to mid-October.
- PDST fee proposals are submitted by the Chancellor to UCOP in October or November.
- The UC Board of Regents will review and approve multi-year proposals for existing PDST programs at the January, March, and May Regents meeting.
- The Chancellor must approve all PDST multi-year plans before they can be submitted to UCOP.
- The Regents must approve all multi-year plans for new and existing programs.
- UCOP must approve any reductions to rates in previously approved PDST multi-year plans.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.