The Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance (VCF) advises campus constituents on student fee policy, revenue generation, and fee increases. Specific functions include:
- Attending student fee committee meetings to provide objective input on the campus budget and the financing of student services from various student fees.
- Providing advice to units wanting to propose Miscellaneous Student Fees and providing analysis of all newly proposed Miscellaneous Student Fees to the Chancellor's Advisory Committee on Student Services and Fees.
- Providing advice to departments wanting to propose Course Materials and Services Fees (CMSF), staffing the CMSF Committee, and providing the Committee with analysis of all CMSF proposals.
- Communicating with UCOP on all student fee activities, including required reporting and fee requests that require approval from the UC President or UC Regents.
- Assisting schools and colleges considering either a Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition program or a Self-Supporting Graduate Professional Degree Program with the preliminary program budget analysis, the program budget for a new degree request, and the final reporting to UCOP.
To request information or assistance with student fees please contact the Financial Planning & Analysis team at firstname.lastname@example.org.