Reserve Analysis is an analysis of existing resources to provide transparency into campus’ reserve balances and allow us to better frame how we can enable their use for investment in our highest priorities.
Because it is such a valuable exercise, the Financial Planning & Analysis team, in partnership with the Divisional Finance Leaders, will continue to gather, review, and report on reserve balances on an annual basis.
Reserve Analysis Materials
- Template Guidelines - detailed information on how to complete the templates.
- Categories - definitions, examples, and questions to ask related to the fund and usage categories.
- Templates - the reserve analysis templates were placed within the divisional folders, under the FY2022-23 Budget Process folder.
- Office hours - sign up to attend a session.
- Reserve Analysis Workshop presentation - the slides presented at the two workshops.
- Demo lookup tool - this is a sample file to demonstrate how to link the identified Fund Categories and Usage Categories columns from the prior year submission file to the current year template. Please review those categories again and make sure both categories still apply to the current business purpose.