The Office of the CFO advises campus constituents on student fee policy, revenue generation, and fee increases. Specific functions include:
- Attending student fee committee meeting to provide objective input on the campus budget and the financing of student services from various student fees.
- Providing advice to units wanting to propose a new Miscellaneous Student Fee. Providing analysis of all new proposed Miscellaneous Student Fees to the relevant student fee committees and the Chancellor.
- Providing advice to departments wanting to propose a new or changed Course Materials and Services Fee (CMSF). Staffing the CMSF Committee and providing the Committee with analysis of all proposed new and increased CMSFs.
- All student fee communications with UCOP, including required reports and annual fee requests.
- Assisting schools and colleges considering either a Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition program or a Self-Supporting Graduate Professional Degree Program with the preliminary program budget analysis, the program budget for a new degree request, and the final reporting to UCOP.
To request information or assistance with student fees please contact the Financial Planning & Analysis team at email@example.com.