A new hire’s onboarding is greatly enhanced by assigning a DFL partner, who provides advice and guidance on the different aspects of working in finance at UC Berkeley. An onboarding partner is a point person who would have a similar role as the new hire (for example, an academic DFL would be paired with another academic DFL).
DFL Partner Responsibilities
- meet with the new DFL as early in their tenure as is practical
- continue to meet approximately once a month or as needed for the first six months
- establish yourself as a source for questions about policies, procedures and resources in the workplace
- familiarize the new hire with DFL culture, norms and unwritten guidelines
- introduce the new hire to others in the community and external key stakeholders