Upcoming Deadlines at a Glance
- Friday, 12/16 - Validate your chartstring for FY2022-23 IT Assessments (today)
- Friday, 12/16 - Submit DeptIDs for inactivation in CalPlan and CF1 changes (today)
- Friday, 12/16 - Ensure schedulers check final fall CSIR data (today)
- Monday, 1/9 - Report year-end gift recording and receipting
- Wednesday, 1/18 - Submit completed and approved org tree change requests
- Thursday, 1/19 - Sign up for a Reserve Analysis workshop
- Friday, 1/20 - Submit recharge self-certification forms
Validate your chartstring for FY2022-23 IT Assessments by Friday, December 16 (today)
Berkeley IT will be processing the FY2022-23 Productivity Suite and Campus Network assessments to post to the December ledger. Please take the following steps by Friday, December 16:
- Review the information in this FY2023 Berkeley IT Assessments spreadsheet.
- Find your division’s chartstring used in the prior fiscal year to validate the chartstring to be debited for these two assessments for your division this year.
- Whether you require an update or keep the same chartstring used last year, please email email@example.com with your division name and the confirmed DeptID and Fund by Friday, December 16.
- If we don’t hear back from you by the deadline, your division will see both assessments for this year charged on the same chartstring used last year for Productivity Suite.
- Please note headcounts may change based on the HR Census which will be available in the upcoming weeks.
Submit DeptIDs for inactivation in CalPlan and CF1 changes by Friday, December 16 (today)
If you have DeptIDs that you would like inactivated in CalPlan or Chartfield 1 members you would like removed from or added to CalPlan and HCP, please submit requests by 5 pm on Friday, December 16. For DeptIDs, please complete the DeptID Planned Inactivation Form. The inactivation in CalPlan process is required for any DeptIDs which cannot be inactivated in BFS. Please review the DeptID Inactivation in BFS section of the Knowledge and Resource Portal for additional information. For Chartfield 1 members, please submit a simple list in excel in the format “C1_xxxxxx”. The changes will be implemented in CalPlan and HCP as part of the February CalPlanning release. Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, December 16, and include “DeptID/Chart1 Inactivation” as the subject line.
Ensure schedulers check final fall CSIR data by Friday, December 16 (today)
Friday, December 16 is the last day schedulers can make changes to their Class Schedule and Instructor Record (CSIR) data for the fall 2022 semester and have data reflected in Cal Answers. Please ensure your schedulers have made all corrections in Student Information Systems (SIS) by then. We recommend that throughout the year, you ask your department schedulers to review their CSIR data in SIS and Cal Answers as it becomes available, in order to ensure that it is as accurate as possible. This data is used by the UC Office of the President and the State Legislature, as well as internally for space and instructional planning, the Faculty FTE Call, and TAS allocations. If your schedulers need guidance on how to best enter the data, please have them contact Office of Planning & Analysis Research Analyst Kira Blaisdell-Sloan or Beatriz Brando with questions at email@example.com.
Report year-end gift recording and receipting by Monday, January 9
The deadline for gifts to be received in the Gift Services office to be counted for the calendar year 2022 is Monday, January 9, 2023. Information and instructions are available on the 2022 Calendar Year End flyer or on UC Berkeley’s advancement intranet Eureka; to review it log into Eureka and visit the Calendar Year End page or the frequently asked questions.
- Hand delivery of gifts to the UDAR 4th floor suite is available but discouraged. Please use USPS or Loomis armored service if possible. If you plan to hand-deliver, please call (510) 642-1212 in advance to ensure someone can provide you access to the drop-safe. Suite access during campus curtailment may be limited.
- Retain and forward those postmarked envelopes, FedEx/UPS mailing envelopes, or waybills!
- Do not accept credit card information by phone with the intent to transmit it to Gift Services for charging. Please have donors call (510) 643-9789 to give by phone.
- Please contact the Gift Services Securities Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org before a stock transfer happens to ensure the gift is identified and credited to the donor in a timely manner.
Please contact Gift Services with questions at (510) 643-9789 or email@example.com.
Sign up for a Reserve Analysis workshop on Thursday, January 19
The Reserve Analysis templates will be due on Friday, February 10. The Reserve Analysis template is in your division folder under FY2023-24 Budget Process > Reserve Analysis Template. A copy of the prior year’s completed template is included in this folder for your reference. We are offering a workshop for new DFLs on Thursday, January 19, 2023, at 10 am. More information is available on the Reserve Analysis webpage.
Submit recharge self-certification forms by Friday, January 20
Self-certification recharge forms for FY2023-24 are due on Friday, January 20. Divisions will need to submit a recharge self-certification form if they support a recharge unit and the unit charges Contracts and Grants or if the unit plans for a recharge income greater than $500,000 a year. We posted the self-certification form to the recharge section of the CFO website. If you have any questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit SSGPDP fee proposals for 2023-24
UCOP has released the call for SSGPDP fee proposals for the 2023-24 academic year. All new and existing approved SSGPDPs are required to submit an annual fee proposal for review and approval by the President. A final submission deadline is forthcoming, but programs are encouraged to begin working on their proposals before curtailment. The call for proposals, submission documents, and instructions are available on the Make annual fee submission for existing SSGPDP page. Please direct questions to email@example.com as early as possible prior to the submission deadline.
Direct Bill for Airfare is now available for moving and relocation
Beginning Monday, December 5, you may use Direct Bill for all approved moving and relocation-related airfare in ConnexUC. This allows new staff or faculty members (and any other authorized family members) to charge their airfare directly to the university without paying up front and waiting for reimbursement after the completion of travel. When logging into the Direct Bill Travel site, you will see a new option in the Business Purpose drop-down menu, titled "Moving/Relocation". When you select this option, the system will default to the proper account code for that type of expense to ensure proper tracking and reporting. The rest of the Direct Bill process remains the same. Please make sure not to combine any personal travel with the moving and relocation travel as that is not allowable when charging the airfare directly to the university (i.e., adding in additional stops that are of a personal nature and not necessary for the new employee's move). If you have any questions about this process or anything else related to travel, please contact the Travel Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next series of CalPlanning and Smart View training classes begin Thursday, September 8. The curriculum uses a blended learning model. Courses begin with self-study using online “books” divided into chapters supplemented with practice exercises and short videos. Courses culminate with a group session using Zoom in which participants work on case studies in small teams to apply the material covered in the self-study. The self-study materials are available on the website for everyone to use; they can be a helpful resource for those that have already completed the training and are looking for a refresher. Review the CalPlanning training page for schedules, links to enroll, and to access the self-study materials.
Office Hours for CalPlanning and Smart View
Office hours are available so that you can ask specific questions about CalPlanning and Smart View. Request office hours and indicate the topic for which you are requesting support. Office hours are an opportunity to get individual support for a specific challenge your unit is facing; they are not a replacement for training.
Cal Answers Training
Please review the self-service learning resources on the Cal Answers website, where Cal Answers users will find a complete course in basic navigation as well as short videos, job aids, wiki documentation, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Additionally, the two-hour instructor-led classes build on the basic navigation skills covered in the self-study. There are separate courses focusing on financial dashboards and student data dashboards. In the class, a subject matter expert will guide a deep dive into the reports and data available in the dashboards and answer specific questions.
Changes to the DFL in your division?
If the DFL role in your division is changing, email email@example.com to ensure our website, communications, and training plans are updated.
DFL Weekly Updates Page
As a reminder, these updates are regularly posted to the DFL Weekly Updates page so you can reference past updates at any time. Additionally, the Operational Deadlines page provides an overview of deliverables by quarter.
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance