Divisional Finance Leaders and Chief Administrative Officers,
Funding for the FY22 Staff Appreciation and Recognition program (STAR) has been allocated. Please review the FY22 Star Award distribution spreadsheet to view the funding for your unit. The amount available to spend is in the last column called "2022 Beg. Bal. + Distribution."
Please share this information with the person responsible for allocating funds for STAR awards within your unit. We recommend VCs and Deans consider funding awards from a centralized pool to maximize flexibility in managing these resources.
- Funds were allocated to each unit on a prorated basis, using the total FTE for all non-represented staff and Clerical (CX) bargaining unit staff, excluding students, according to data from HCM as of August 1, 2021
- Journal ID: ZACAM554F dated September 30, 2021
- Distributions will increment (or decrement) your beginning balance (if any) of fund 69741 up to your FY22 allocation amount
- Managers are encouraged to fully distribute these funds each year to staff who meet the criteria
Incorrect use of Account, Fund, or Earn Code will negatively impact your fund balance. It is important to use the proper chartstring when submitting an award. Please make sure the payroll is coded to:
- Account: 51231
- Failure to use this account will result in GAEL rates being applied
- Fund: 69741
- Earn Code: XSL
If an award is accidentally coded with the incorrect Account, finance administrators may make a journal entry to correct the Account. This will also reverse the composite benefit rate (CBR) that was applied.
Please refer to the Recognition and Non-Cash Awards page for more information about the STAR awards, the nomination form, and the STAR program guide.
For award program questions, please speak with your compensation contact. For allocation-related questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Planning and Analysis