The Divisional Finance Leader (DFL) develops and implements their division's budget process, advises their leadership team on key budgetary decisions, and serves as an advocate for the needs and priorities of their division. More specifically they:
- Manage the development and execution of the division’s multi-year and annual budget plans. Support the budget submission to the EVCP and preparation for the annual budget hearing. Advocate the division’s needs and priorities.
- Advise their leadership on key budgetary decisions, e.g., allocating campus support, aligning resources, making budgetary trade-offs to meet division’s strategic priorities.
- Engage in campus financial planning and initiatives. Work with the campus to review their division’s financial status and maintain the budget process.
- Periodically (e.g., monthly or quarterly) review the division’s financial status to address issues and foster informed and effective decision-making.
- Establish a process for the ongoing monitoring of budget-to-actuals and meaningful financial management reporting within the division.
- Establish internal financial control (e.g., SAS115) and ensure financial procedures are within compliance.
- Authorize, or empower delegates to authorize, CalPlanning security requests and provide local tool assistance. Go to the list of local support contacts to find your division's CalPlanning Access Provider and CalPlanning Tool Assistant.