Welcome to our Divisional Finance Leaders resource page where campus faculty and staff can identify their Divisional Finance Leaders and our Divisional Finance Leaders have access to the tools they need to get their work done.
The Divisional Finance Leader (DFL) develops and implements their division's budget process, advises their leadership team on key budgetary decisions, and serves as an advocate for the needs and priorities of their division. More specifically they:
- Manage the development and execution of the division’s multi-year and annual budget plans. Support the budget submission to the EVCP and preparation for the annual budget hearing. Advocate the division’s needs and priorities.
- Advise their leadership on key budgetary decisions, e.g., allocating campus support, aligning resources, making budgetary trade-offs to meet division’s strategic priorities.
- Engage in campus financial planning and initiatives. Work with the campus to review their division’s financial status and maintain the budget process.
- Periodically (e.g., monthly or quarterly) review the division’s financial status to address issues and foster informed and effective decision-making.
- Establish a process for the ongoing monitoring of budget-to-actuals and meaningful financial management reporting within the division.
- Establish internal financial control (e.g., SAS115) and ensure financial procedures are within compliance.
- Authorize, or empower delegates to authorize, CalPlanning security requests and provide local tool assistance. Go to the list of local support contacts for current information.
Find a DFL
|Academic Senate & EVCP||Jules Freedmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Academic & Space Planning||John Scroggsemail@example.com|
|Administration & Finance||Elena Wen Jiangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive||Rebecca Hoagemail@example.com|
|Berkeley Law||Drew Knabfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cal Performances||Calvin Engemail@example.com|
|College of Environmental Design||Jan Millerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Chemistry||Suzanne Suttonemail@example.com|
|College of Engineering||Dat Lefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Natural Resources||Babs Laneemail@example.com|
|Equity & Inclusion||Christopher Mountfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Goldman School of Public Policy||Merle Hancockemail@example.com|
|Graduate Division||Michael Ferenczfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate School of Education||Alex Lunaemail@example.com|
|Haas School of Business||Suresh Bhatfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Intercollegiate Athletics||David Secoremail@example.com|
|L&S Arts & Humanities||Anna Weidmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|L&S Biological Sciences||Amy Robinsonemail@example.com|
|L&S Core||Terrence Irelandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|L&S Math & Physical Sciences||Wanda Nietersemail@example.com|
|L&S Social Sciences||Nicole Cernokfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|L&S Undergraduate Division||Jean Delaneyemail@example.com|
|Office for the Faculty||Carolyn Cappsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office of the Chancellor||Wanda Ellison Crocketemail@example.com|
|Real Estate||Grace Crvarichfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research, Policy, Planning & Administration||David Castellanosemail@example.com|
|School of Information||Jenny Collinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Journalism||Roia Ferrazaresemail@example.com|
|School of Optometry||Eric Lealfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Public Health||David DeClercqemail@example.com|
|School of Social Welfare||Heidi Wagnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Affairs||Thomas Lowryemail@example.com|
|Summer Session & Study Abroad||Moon Jang-Shinnfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UC Library||Elise Woodsemail@example.com|
|UC Library||Su-Lin Shumfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Undergraduate Education||Moon Jang-Shinn, Interimemail@example.com|
|University Extension||Scott Shiremanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|University Development & Alumni Relations||Linda Moranemail@example.com|