Office of the CFO Strategic Plan
The Office of the CFO's three-year strategic plan clarifies that our main objective between FY 2014 - 2017 is to: provide innovative, collaborative, client-focused financial, analytical and administrative management to our campus partners while providing our team clarity, focus and the space for creativity. Read more about the plan for the office and all the departments within the office.
The Wisdom Café is where Berkeley staff learn and share professional and career development ideas, stories, tips, and resources. The Office of the CFO is a regular contributor to the interactive site.
The Spotlight feature this month is all about using data, how you can use data in your job, and why it is important to understand how data works. Included are articles from three members of the OCFO organization:
- Using Metrics to Manage Success by Louise Davidson, Project Lead for the Finance Reform Initiative in the Office of Finance, Planning & Analysis
- 5 Rules for Having a Data Mindset by Amber Machamer, Executive Director of the Office of Planning and Analysis
- Cal Answers That! Now With Campus Super Users! by Jean Bednarz, Director of Communications, Change Management, and Training in the Office of the CFO.
Previous articles featuring the OCFO organization:
- Check out the Cal Answers That! December spotlight on Student Data Super User Chelan Huddleston to learn how Cal Answers supports her in her role as College Curriculum Analyst for the College of Letters and Science. Access the article here.
- Chief Financial Officer Rosemarie Rae sat down with the Wisdom Café to share her experiences and expertise. Access the article here.
- Technical Project Manager Sara Tecle shared her best practices for strategic planning. Access the article here.
- Now you can access Cal Answers from your mobile device! Read about it here.