Introducing the DFL Concierge webpages
- Quarterly variance analysis and flash forecast
- Endowed chairs
- Central commitments
- Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition Programs (PDST)
- Self-Supporting Graduate Professional Degree Programs (SSGPDP)
- Organizational tree
- Other services include permanent budget journal approval, fiscal close, and FFE investment
Finance Competency Framework launch
As the demand for financial analysis and problem-solving capabilities continues to increase, senior leaders at UC Berkeley are looking to finance professionals to play a critical role in helping the campus achieve its strategic objectives. To build our finance workforce for the future, it's critical we create a shared understanding of current and future expectations for financial analyst positions. To help with these efforts, a team of dedicated finance leaders from across campus has created a Finance Competency Framework with the key objectives of:
- Providing clarity and uniformity on job expectations and critical success factors
- Identifying training needs to guide learning and development
- Creating a common standard for evaluating current staff, recruiting new finance talent, and facilitating internal mobility
- Promoting collaboration, networking and best practices
Updates to CFO, Budget, and CalPlanning websites
We’re pleased to announce that the CFO website has been updated to include the Campus Budget Office (CBO), and the CalPlanning website now has its own site. The new URL links are listed below. If you have saved or bookmarked links to the CBO or CalPlanning websites, you’ll need to recreate your links to the new pages.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, try the search bar at the top right of the page.
The Wisdom Café is where Berkeley staff learn and share professional and career development ideas, stories, tips, and resources. The Office of the CFO is a regular contributor to the interactive site.
- Check out the Cal Answers That! April article about the newly released Cal Answers Undergraduate Multiple Majors dashboard! Access the article here.
- Chief Financial Officer Rosemarie Rae sat down with the Wisdom Café to share her experiences and expertise. Access the article here.
- Technical Project Manager Sara Tecle shared her best practices for strategic planning. Access the article here.