Take two easy steps to prep for emergencies
Make sure that you and your staff are prepared for emergencies. Two important actions are recommended:
- Go to the WarnMe website(link is external) and select “Text Message/SMS” as your primary contact method for emergency notifications. Text messages are the fastest and most reliable way to get notified during an emergency.
- Download the free emergency preparedness app(link is external) created by the campus Office of Emergency Management. It contains Berkeley-specific phone numbers, tips and guidance for a wide range of scenarios, including earthquakes, active shooter and other situations. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
Safety (Injury Illness Prevention Program)
UC POLICE CONTACT INFORMATION
- UC Police, non-emergency: 510-642-6760
- UC Police, emergency only: 911 from campus phone; from cell phone call 510-642-3333
Working late or need an escort to a late meeting on campus: UCPD offers its walking escort 365 nights per year until 5:45 a.m. Uniformed UCPD student employees will meet you at your PICK-UP point to walk you to your destination within service boundaries. At the dispatcher’s discretion, a marked campus vehicle may be used by BearWALK to handle several requests going to and from similar locations. Learn more about BearWALK.
PERSONAL SAFETY materials
Computer Ergonomics & Technical Support
If you are experiencing ergonomic problems at your computer workstation, you may wish to refer to the following web page: What Should I Do if I am Experiencing Ergonomic Problems at My Computer Workstation?
HOW CAN I GET A COMPUTER WORKSTATION EVALUATION?
You can do a self-evaluation of your workstation by using the User-Friendly Workstation diagram (PDF) and Personal Workstation Checklist (PDF). For more information, call Ergonomics at Work at (510) 642-8410 or email the program at email@example.com.
VOICE MAIL PASSWORD RESETS, VOICE REPAIRS OR OTHER TECHNICAL SUPPORT ISSUES
Building Emergency Plans
- 2195 Hearst (PDF) (revised April 16, 2015)
- Evans Hall (PDF) (revised September 2012
- University Hall (PDF) (revised April 6, 2011)
- Evacuation Map for University Hall (PowerPoint)
- For all other campus buildings
- University Hall building issue line: (510) 643-0987
- Warren Hall building coordinator: (510) 642-7430
- For urgent facilities issues call Physical Plant-Campus Services at (510) 642-1032
- To report graffiti, water leaks or other water conservation-related issues, please call the PP-CS Graffiti Removal and Water Conservation Hotline at (510) 643-0890
Card Key Access
Please see the Card Key Access FAQs