Take two easy steps to prep for emergencies
Make sure that you and your staff are prepared for emergencies. Two important actions are recommended:
- Go to the WarnMe website(link is external) and select “Text Message/SMS” as your primary contact method for emergency notifications. Text messages are the fastest and most reliable way to get notified during an emergency.
- Download the free emergency preparedness app(link is external) created by the campus Office of Emergency Management. It contains Berkeley-specific phone numbers, tips and guidance for a wide range of scenarios, including earthquakes, active shooter and other situations. Email questions to email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
Safety (Injury Illness Prevention Program)
UC POLICE CONTACT INFORMATION
- UC Police, non-emergency: 510-642-6760
- UC Police, emergency only: 911 from campus phone; from cell phone call 510-642-3333
Working late or need an escort to a late meeting on campus: UCPD offers its walking escort 365 nights per year until 5:45 a.m. Uniformed UCPD student employees will meet you at your PICK-UP point to walk you to your destination within service boundaries. At the dispatcher’s discretion, a marked campus vehicle may be used by BearWALK to handle several requests going to and from similar locations. Learn more about BearWALK.
PERSONAL SAFETY materials
Computer ergonomics and technical support
If you are experiencing ergonomic problems at your computer workstation, you may wish to refer to the following web page: What Should I Do if I am Experiencing Ergonomic Problems at My Computer Workstation?
HOW CAN I GET A COMPUTER WORKSTATION EVALUATION?
You can do a self-evaluation of your workstation by using the User-Friendly Workstation diagram (PDF) and Personal Workstation Checklist (PDF). For more information, call Ergonomics at Work at (510) 642-8410 or email the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOICE MAIL PASSWORD RESETS, VOICE REPAIRS OR OTHER TECHNICAL SUPPORT ISSUES
Building emergency plans
- 2195 Hearst (PDF) (revised April 16, 2015)
- Evans Hall (PDF) (revised September 2012
- University Hall (PDF) (revised April 6, 2011)
- Evacuation Map for University Hall (PowerPoint)
- For all other campus buildings
- University Hall building issue line: (510) 643-0987
- Warren Hall building coordinator: (510) 642-7430
- For urgent facilities issues call Physical Plant-Campus Services at (510) 642-1032
- To report graffiti, water leaks or other water conservation-related issues, please call the PP-CS Graffiti Removal and Water Conservation Hotline at (510) 643-0890
Card key access
Please see the Card key access FAQs