Office of the CFO: office-wide strategic plan
The Office of the CFO's three-year strategic plan clarifies that our main objective between FY2014 - 2017 is to: provide innovative, collaborative, client-focused financial, analytical and administrative management to our campus partners while providing our team clarity, focus and the space for creativity. Our office of approximately 300 employees plans to accomplish this objective with five key strategies, each aligned to specific projects assigned to senior staff with the CFO organization.
FY2014 - 2017 Office of CFO strategies:
- Achieve financial strength - Align financial resources to campus strategies.
- Simplify processes - Standardize and simplify policies, business processes and internal controls for campus partner satisfaction, greater efficiency and compliance.
- Build a service oriented model of campus engagement - Engage campus partners through adoption, acceptance and satisfaction of applications, processes and tools.
- Leverage data for strategic decision making - Leverage and institutionalize financial, academic and human resource data sets for strategic decision making.
- Promote collaboration and professional development – Build and maintain a culture of collaboration and continuous professional development that supports accountability, engagement and opportunity.
These strategies are intended to help us adopt a service model that puts campus units at the center of our work, and to measure our success on the success of the units we support. The strategy document itself is an essential first step in our strategic planning process and communicating expectations to our campus partners. Internally, the strategies will help create greater clarity and focus for CFO team members and confirm our office's investment in idea generation, engagement, and planning.
Office of the CFO: unit-specific strategic plans and progress updates
Each unit within the Office of the CFO prepares a department-level OGSP to further define strategies and plans specific to their areas of responsibility. Each unit provides a quarterly progress update on their initiatives. Unit specific strategic plans and quarterly progress updates are available in the table below.
|UNIT||OGSP||Q1 Progress Updates||Q2 Progress Updates||Q3 Progress Updates|
|Controller||Controller-OGSP||Controller - Q1 Status Update||Controller - Q2 Status Update||Controller - Q3 Status Update|
|Financial Planning & Analysis||FP&A-OGSP||FP&A - Q1 Status Update||FP&A - Q2 Status Update||FP&A - Q3 Status Update|
|Change Management/Communications/Training||Change-OGSP||Change - Q1 Status Update||Change - Q2 Status Update||Change - Q3 Status Update|
|Property Management||Property-OGSP||Property - Q1 Status Update||Property - Q2 Status Update||Property - Q3 Status Update|
|Library Bindery||Library-OGSP||Library - Q1 Status Update||Library - Q2 Status Update||Library - Q3 Status Update|
|Supply Chain Management||SCM-OGSP||SCM - Q1 Status Update||SCM - Q2 Status Update||SCM - Q3 Status Update|
|Business Contracts & Brand Protection||BCBP-OGSP||BCBP - Q1 Status Update||BCBP - Q2 Status Update||BCBP - Q3 Status Update|
|University Health Services||UHS-OGSP||UHS - Q1 Status Update||UHS - Q2 Status Update||UHS - Q3 Status Update|
CFO STAFF: ACTION PLAN
Office of the CFO staff are encouraged to complete their FY 2015-16 OGSP Action Plan to map out how their day-to-day work supports the five key strategies.
For more information about the strategic plan format used by the Office of the CFO, visit One Page Solutions.