Dear UC Berkeley Employee,
As we continue to respond to the impacts of the coronavirus, we would like to share some information so that you may continue to report hours worked and leave taken whether you are working on campus or remotely. In addition, we would like to also inform you how to report administrative leave with pay as it relates to COVID-19. Guidance on remote work provisions and paid leave in response to the coronavirus may be found on the UCOP website at UCnet.
Actions to take and pay information effective immediately
A new pay code CV19-Admin Leave with Pay is now available in CalTime to report administrative leave as a result of COVID-19. You must consult your supervisor and receive approval in advance before recording time as administrative leave with pay (see eligibility rules).
- If you have already recorded leave for purposes of COVID-19 using the existing Administrative Leave with Pay pay code in CalTime, please update your March timecard and use CV19-Admin Leave with Pay.
- All employees shall be eligible to receive a one-time allotment of up to 128 hours of paid administrative leave, subject to the conditions. You and your supervisor need to keep track of the total amount of leave taken.
- This type of leave will be displayed on your UCPath pay statement as:
- RGC - REG Paid Leave-Salaried for salaried paid employees
- RVN - REG Paid Leave-Hourly for hourly paid employees
Best practices and timekeeping reminders
- Time worked either on campus or remotely should be recorded in CalTime as usual unless under the administrative leave with pay provisions as outlined by UCOP. CalTime can be accessed on the UC Berkeley network or remotely by any employee. This includes employees that typically record time via terminal (aka timeclock).
- Employees are required to take rest and meal breaks in full compliance with all applicable policies or collective bargaining agreements, even if they’re working remotely.
- Vacation, sick leave, and other types of leave should be properly recorded in CalTime.
- Please continue to record and approve time by the regularly scheduled approval deadlines. CalTime will send approval reminders to you as usual.
- You and your supervisor are responsible for making sure that time is recorded properly and the correct CalTime pay codes are being used.
- Those submitting paper timesheets should continue to follow the information featured on the Berkeley Regional Services (BRS) Timekeeping/CalTime page until further notice.
If you need timekeeping assistance or are unable to edit or record time through the regular process, you should reach out to your supervisor. You may also submit a ticket to BRS HR/APS for assistance with timecard updates, paper timesheets (if needed) and payroll assistance. If you are experiencing difficulties accessing CalTime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance