Upcoming Deadlines at a Glance
- Monday, 11/29 - Queue commitments for Q2 requests
- Friday, 12/10 - Complete External Audit Certification for Q2
- Friday, 12/17 - Validate your chartstring for FY2021-22 Productivity Suite assessment
- Monday, 1/10 - Report year-end gift recording and receipting
- Monday, 1/10 - Submit SSGPDP fee proposals for 2022-23
- Tuesday, 1/18 - Submit completed and approved org tree change requests
- Friday, 1/21 - Submit FY23 recharge self-certifications and submit your recharge Permbudg retirement journals
Queue commitments for Q2 requests by Monday, November 29 (updated deadline)
Please complete the applicable form (linked below) to queue commitments by Monday, November 29 for commitments to be funded in the second quarter of FY2021-22. Please note that the following commitments do not need to be queued: Budget Decisions; EVCP TAS; Star Awards; Bear Grants; Productivity Suite withdrawals and now endowment payouts for rotating chairs. Commitments are processed on a quarterly basis.
- To queue non-faculty commitments, complete the non-faculty commitments form on the DFL Knowledge and Resource Portal.
- To queue faculty commitments, complete the faculty commitments form on the DFL Knowledge and Resource Portal. Faculty commitments are defined for this purpose as Start-up; Retention; ASMD; and Chancellor's Professorships. Chancellor’s Professorships are those that are offered via start-up or retention in lieu of an actual chair - until one can be found, and are funded by central resources.
- New this year: Please provide screenshots of UCPath entries for ASMD leave begin dates and ASMD end dates when you queue ASMD funding through the faculty queue.
FY23 recharge budget process
Sign up for recharge training on December 3 and December 10
Self-certification recharge forms will be due on Friday, January 21. Divisions will need to submit a recharge self-certification form if they support a recharge unit and the unit charges Contracts and Grants or if the unit plans for a recharge income greater than $500,000 a year. We will post the self-certification form to the recharge page of the CFO website by Friday, November 12. In preparation for the upcoming deadline, we are offering two recharge workshops. Please follow the links below to register for a session. If you have any questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at email@example.com.
Submit PermBudg journals to retire the PermBudg for recharges by Friday, January 21
As part of the FY23 recharge budget process we are retiring the PermBudg for recharges because we no longer use it to budget for recharge activities. This is now done in CalpPlan. A list of the current PermBudg balances by division are available in the file at the bottom of the recharge section of the CFO website. Please review the balances and create PermBudg journals to net your current PermBudg to zero for each account. Once this is done, email your PermBudg journals identification names to firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at email@example.com.
Complete External Audit Certification for Q2 by Friday, December 10
To ensure the completeness and accuracy of the quarterly Controller's report on the campus' external audit activities, please help us identify the campus' external audit activities. The Controller's Office is sending a separate email with additional information to DFLs with known external audit activity. By Friday, December 10, 2021, please submit the materials below to Yohei Azuma at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- All DFLs: External Audit Confirmation Form (You must return the completed External Audit Confirmation Form even if you do not have any external audit activities so we can certify campus responses.)
- DFLs with external audit activities: External Audit Confirmation Template (Include any related documentation with the template, i.e. notification of the commencement of the audit, audit report, etc.)
If you have questions, contact Yohei by email at email@example.com.
Validate your chartstring for FY2021-22 Productivity Suite assessment by Friday, December 17
IST will process the FY2021-22 Productivity Suite assessment earlier in the fiscal year and prior to the FY23 annual campus budget submission. By Friday, December 17, please validate the chartstring to be debited for your division by reviewing the "PS Funding Model" tab in the PS Assessment Census Data excel file to find your division’s chartstring used in the prior fiscal year. Whether you require an update or keep the same chartstring used last year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your division name and confirm your DeptID and Fund by Friday, December 17. If we don’t hear back from you by the deadline, your division will be assessed on the same chartstring used last year. Please direct questions to email@example.com and visit the Productivity Suite Assessment page on the CFO website for more information.
Report year-end gift recording and receipting by Monday, January 10
The deadline for gifts to be received in the Gift Services office to be counted for the calendar year 2021 is Monday, January 10, 2022. Information and instructions are available on the 2021 Calendar Year End flyer or on Berkeley’s advancement intranet Eureka; to review it log into Eureka and visit the Calendar Year End page or the frequently asked questions.
The key changes include:
- Hand delivery of gifts to UDAR 4th floor reception is available but discouraged. Please use USPS or Loomis armored service instead. If you plan to hand-deliver, please call (510) 642-1212 in advance to ensure someone can provide you access to the drop-safe.
- Retain and forward those postmarked envelopes, FedEx/UPS mailing envelopes or waybills!
- Do not accept credit card information by phone with intent to transmit to Gift Services for charging. Please have donors call (510) 643-9789 to give by phone.
- Please contact the Gift Services Securities Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org before a stock transfer happens to ensure the gift is identified and credited to the donor in a timely manner.
Please contact Gift Services with questions at (510) 643-9789 or email@example.com.
Submit SSGPDP fee proposals for 2022-23 by Monday, January 10
UCOP has released the call for SSGPDP fee proposals for the 2022-23 academic year. All new and existing approved SSGPDPs are required to submit an annual fee proposal for review and approval by the President. Proposals are due to the Financial Planning & Analysis team at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, January 10, 2022. The call for proposals, submission documents, and instructions are available on the Make annual fee submission for existing SSGPDP page on the CFO website. Please direct questions to email@example.com as early as possible prior to the submission deadline.
Submit completed and approved org tree change requests by Tuesday, January 18
We are currently processing approved org changes to the November 1 master org tree for requests submitted by the November 16 deadline. Allowable changes for November include Org Node and DeptID movements within the same division, New DeptIDs, and Org Nodes as well as Description Changes. To avoid the possibility of any data integrity issues during the load of data to CalPlan an exception is in place to process changes requiring moves across divisions already submitted by the November deadline to be completed by January. Org tree change requests can be submitted for review and approval anytime prior to the January 18 deadline, as the Budget and Financial Operations (BFO) team will review requests to approve in advance of when the tree will open. We recommend that you submit your change request form for review as soon as possible to allow time for the BFO team to review your request, follow up with you for any necessary clarification, approve your request, and allow you time to obtain all required signatures before the submission deadline. The time needed to review change requests will vary, depending on the complexity of the request. For more information:
- A high-level summary of the process to approve org tree changes is available on the DFL concierge webpage.
- An overview of the org tree change submission deadlines is available in the Org Tree Submission and Processing Timeline.
- Please review the Org Tree Calendar for the timeline of allowable org tree changes throughout the year.
- Please submit questions and requests for changes to the Org Tree to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you plan to request an Org Node change or Entity Hierarchy redesign, please contact email@example.com and explain what you would like to change before completing the request form because these changes are typically more complex and involve longer consultations.
FY22 Operating Budget finalized and available for reporting
The FY22 Operating Budget has been finalized and is now available for reporting in CalPlanning. The CalPlanning reporting tools (CalRptg and HCPRptg) are available for use in CalPlanning and Smart View. To access reports in CalPlanning, click on the Explore button. The CalPlanning planning tools (CalPlan and HCP) remain unavailable as we prepare to open FY22 Forecast and a preview of the FY23 Operating Budget for edits. Please visit the CalPlanning home page for additional information. If you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to rates for reimbursement for meal expenses
UC Policy Bus-79 governs policies related to provision and reimbursement of business meals and entertainment. The Controller’s Office has received notice that this policy will be updated to adjust the rates for business meals and entertainment. The last time the meal rates for business and entertainment were increased was in 2016 and UCOP has elected to increase the rates by 5% in 2021 and another 5% in 2022. The updated rates are effective as of November 1, 2021. Information about the updated rates is available on the Maximum Meal Expenses page on the Controller’s Office website. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FY21 Endowment financial data is available
Endowment financial data for FY21 is now available through the Cal Advancement Database System (CADS), where users can see endowment performance, gifts, fees, and payout from the last fiscal year. Review individual funds by using allocation look-up, or review all endowments by using the Endowment Portfolio Report in CADSmart. Contact Fund Management with any questions at email@example.com. More information about endowments is available on Eureka, Berkeley's advancement intranet, which can be accessed with your CalNet credentials.
CalPlanning and Smart View Training
Do you need to learn or enhance your skills in CalPlanning or Smart View? Training classes are available through the end of June 2021. Visit the CalPlanning Training page to learn more and sign up. Our new blended learning model combines self-study work that you can do at your own pace with instructor-led group learning sessions where you can apply the material covered in the self-study.
Office Hours for CalPlanning and Smart View
Office hours are available so that you can ask specific questions about CalPlanning and Smart View. Request office hours and indicate the topic for which you are requesting support. Office hours are an opportunity to get individual support for a specific challenge your unit is facing; they are not a replacement for training.
Changes to the DFL in your division?
If the DFL role in your division is changing, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure our website, communications, and training plans are updated.
As a reminder, these updates are regularly posted to the DFL Weekly Updates page so you can reference past updates at any time.
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance