Upcoming Deadlines at a Glance
- Monday, 1/10 - Report year-end gift recording and receipting
- Monday, 1/10 - Submit SSGPDP fee proposals for 2022-23
- Friday, 1/14 - Submit DeptIDs for inactivation and CF1 changes
- Tuesday, 1/18 - Submit completed and approved org tree change requests
- Friday, 1/21 - Submit FY23 recharge self-certifications and submit your recharge Permbudg retirement journals
- Friday, 1/28 - Submit Course Materials and Services Fee proposals
- Friday, 1/28 - Submit Miscellaneous Student Fee proposals
- Friday, 2/11 - Submit Reserve Analysis templates
Report year-end gift recording and receipting by Monday, January 10
The deadline for gifts to be received in the Gift Services office to be counted for the calendar year 2021 is Monday, January 10, 2022. Information and instructions are available on the 2021 Calendar Year End flyer or on Berkeley’s advancement intranet Eureka; to review it log into Eureka and visit the Calendar Year End page or the frequently asked questions.
The key changes include:
- Hand delivery of gifts to UDAR 4th floor reception is available but discouraged. Please use USPS or Loomis armored service instead. If you plan to hand-deliver, please call (510) 642-1212 in advance to ensure someone can provide you access to the drop-safe.
- Retain and forward those postmarked envelopes, FedEx/UPS mailing envelopes or waybills!
- Do not accept credit card information by phone with intent to transmit to Gift Services for charging. Please have donors call (510) 643-9789 to give by phone.
- Please contact the Gift Services Securities Desk at email@example.com before a stock transfer happens to ensure the gift is identified and credited to the donor in a timely manner.
Please contact Gift Services with questions at (510) 643-9789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit SSGPDP fee proposals for 2022-23 by Monday, January 10
UCOP has released the call for SSGPDP fee proposals for the 2022-23 academic year. All new and existing approved SSGPDPs are required to submit an annual fee proposal for review and approval by the President. Proposals are due to the Financial Planning & Analysis team at email@example.com by Monday, January 10, 2022. The call for proposals, submission documents, and instructions are available on the Make annual fee submission for existing SSGPDP page on the CFO website. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit DeptIDs for inactivation and CF1 changes by Friday, January 14
If you have DeptIDs that you would like inactivated in CalPlan or Chartfield 1 members you would like removed from or added to CalPlan and HCP, please submit requests by 5pm on Friday, January 14. For DeptIDs, please complete the DeptID Planned Inactivation Form. For Chartfield 1 members, please submit a simple list in excel in the format “C1_xxxxxx”. The changes will be implemented in CalPlan and HCP. Please email completed forms to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, January 14 and include “DeptID/Chart1 Inactivation” as the subject line.
Submit completed and approved org tree change requests by Tuesday, January 18
As a reminder, due to the load of data to CalPlan in December, org tree requests already approved in November with moves across divisions were placed on hold. We will process these changes to the January 1 master org tree. For new org tree change submissions, please submit your completed, approved request by Tuesday, January 18. As a reminder, the submission date is the last day that approved change requests can be submitted for entry to the January Master Org Tree. Allowable changes include New DeptIDs, New Org Nodes, and Description Changes. We recommend that you submit your Change Request Form for review as soon as possible to allow time for the Budget and Financial Operations team to review your request, follow up with you for any necessary clarification, approve your request, and allow you time to obtain all required signatures before the submission deadline. The time needed to review change requests will vary, depending on the complexity of the request. For more information:
- A high-level summary of the process to approve org tree changes is available on the DFL concierge webpage.
- An overview of the org tree change submission deadlines is available in the Org Tree Submission and Processing Timeline.
- Please review the Org Tree Calendar for the timeline of allowable org tree changes throughout the year.
- Please submit questions and requests for changes to the Org Tree to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: If you plan to request an Org Node change or Entity Hierarchy redesign, please contact email@example.com and explain what you would like to change before completing the request form because these changes are typically more complex and involve longer consultations.
Submit FY23 recharge self-certifications and submit your recharge Permbudg retirement journals by Friday, January 21
- Self-certification recharge forms will be due on Friday, January 21. Divisions will need to submit a recharge self-certification form if they support a recharge unit and the unit charges Contracts and Grants or if the unit plans for a recharge income greater than $500,000 a year. We posted the self-certification form to the recharge section of the CFO website. If you have any questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As part of the FY23 recharge budget process, we are retiring the PermBudg for recharges because we no longer use it to budget for recharge activities. This is now done in CalPlan. A list of the current PermBudg balances by division are available in the file at the bottom of the recharge section of the CFO website. Please review the balances and create PermBudg journals to net your current PermBudg to zero for each account. Once this is done, email your PermBudg journals identification names to email@example.com to be posted. If you have any questions, please contact the Budget and Financial Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Course Materials and Services Fee Proposals by Friday, January 28
The call for proposals for Course Materials and Services Fees (CMSF) for FY2022-23 has been released. The proposal form to establish a new CMSF or to increase an existing CMSF, relevant campus policy, and guidance on completing the form, is available on the Course Materials and Services Fees page. Completed proposals are due to email@example.com by Friday, January 29. Final recommendations and approvals will be made in the spring. Please share this call widely with department leaders in your units. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Submit Miscellaneous Student Fee Proposals by Friday, January 28
The call for proposals for Miscellaneous Student Fees (MSF) for FY2022-23 has been released. The proposal form to establish a new MSF, increase an existing MSF, or consolidate multiple fees into one MSF, as well as additional information on MSF policies and procedures, is available on the Miscellaneous Student Fees page. Completed proposals are due to email@example.com by Friday, January 28. Final recommendations and approvals will be made in late spring. Please share this call widely with department leaders in your units. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Submit Reserve Analysis templates by Friday, February 11, 2022
The reserve analysis templates are in your division folder, in a folder called "Reserve Analysis Template" under the FY2022-23 Budget Process folder. A copy of your completed template from last year is also included, for reference. The final reserve analysis workshop is Wednesday, January 12, 2022. We invited DFLs through bCal, so please accept the invitation if you plan to attend. The same material will be covered in this session as in the December session. Our office will also be offering six office hours every week which began on January 5, 2022, so there will be a chance to ask questions. Please sign-up for the office hours ahead of time. More information, including the template guidelines, is available on the Reserve Analysis page. Your completed reserve analysis template is due to the Financial Planning and Analysis team at email@example.com on Friday, February 11, 2022.
FY2022-23 Budgeted Composite Benefit Rates
We are in the process of submitting the calculated FY23 CBR rates to the Federal Government for approval. Please visit the CBR webpage for additional information and the new projected CBR rates for FY23. Please keep in mind that these rates have not yet been approved by the Federal Government and are therefore subject to change. We anticipate approval of the FY23 CBR rates before the end of this fiscal year (FY22). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Congratulations to Maya Woodson Turman
Maya Woodson Turman, FP&A’s Director of Business Process and Strategic Analysis, has temporarily been serving as the Divisional Financial Leader for the Graduate School of Education and has now accepted a full-time position as the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Dean of Finance and Planning, effective December 1, 2021. Maya has been an invaluable member of the FP&A team who has made significant contributions to our division and the campus. Please join FP&A in congratulating Maya on her new position and wishing her the best of luck and success in her future endeavors.
FY2021-22 Productivity Suite assessment posted in December close
The FY2021-22 Productivity Suite assessment charges were posted in the December month-end close. The Journal ID# is ZACAM578F. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or visit the Productivity Suite Assessment page for more information.
CalPlanning system availability
The CalPlanning reporting tools (CalRptg, HCPRptg, and Smart View) are now available. Thank you for your cooperation and support as we worked to restore service. The CalPlanning planning tools (CalPlan, HCP) remain unavailable as we prepare to open FY22 Forecast edits. We expect to launch the FY22 Forecast Working and preliminary FY23 Operating Budget Working versions later in January at which time CalPlanning will be open for edits.
Updates to the process for updating supplier information
We’re pleased to announce the two new forms for updating existing supplier information are available on the Accounts Payable webpage. There are two new DocuSign forms to submit - one for foreign suppliers and one for U.S. domestic suppliers. These forms replace the current ‘Substitute W-9 and Supplier Information Form,’ the ‘Foreign Bank Authorization (wire transfer) Form’ and the ‘Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form’ that are currently submitted by fax or email. Suppliers can access the forms from links on the Accounts Payable webpage and once submitted, the forms will route automatically to the Accounts Payable Vendor Desk for processing. This does not impact the process through the Supplier Onboarding Portal to register a new supplier.
CalPlanning and Smart View Training
Do you need to learn or enhance your skills in CalPlanning or Smart View? Training classes are available through the end of June 2021. Visit the CalPlanning Training page to learn more and sign up. Our new blended learning model combines self-study work that you can do at your own pace with instructor-led group learning sessions where you can apply the material covered in the self-study.
Office Hours for CalPlanning and Smart View
Office hours are available so that you can ask specific questions about CalPlanning and Smart View. Request office hours and indicate the topic for which you are requesting support. Office hours are an opportunity to get individual support for a specific challenge your unit is facing; they are not a replacement for training.
Changes to the DFL in your division?
If the DFL role in your division is changing, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure our website, communications, and training plans are updated.
DFL Weekly Updates Page
As a reminder, these updates are regularly posted to the DFL Weekly Updates page so you can reference past updates at any time.
Office of the Vice Chancellor of Finance