Budgets due in CalPlan Friday, October 23
Your completed FY20 operating budgets are due in CalPlan on Friday, October 23 by 7pm.
The CalPlanning planning tools (CalPlan, HCP) will close after the deadline, so that the Financial Planning & Analysis team can review the budget submissions. The CalPlanning reporting tools (CalRptg, HCPRptg, Smart View) will remain available, with FY21 Operating Budget Planner Submission available for reporting.
Narrative template - due Friday, September 4
The narrative template has been added to the divisional folders. In each division's folder, they are located in the Budget Narrative folder within the FY2020-21 Budget Process folder. The new template is called REVISED_FY21 Budget Process Narrative.
Budget template - due Friday, September 4
The budget template contains three sections: Budget Planning template, Expense Reductions, and Use of Reserves. The first tab outlines the instructions and the three different sections to complete are listed at the bottom of the Excel file in the different tabs.
Submit the completed budget template (all three sections) to the Financial Planning & Analysis team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 4.
Budget template - Follow the link to download the template.
I. Completing the "Budget Template" sheet
- Log into SmartView with CalRptg.
- Go to the sheet with the name "Data Pull for Budget Template" (Green colored sheet)
- Change the Entity in the POV to your division ( blue circled area in the screenshot below).
- Please do NOT make any other changes in this sheet.
- Refresh SmartView data for the selected entity.
- Go back to sheet " Budget Template" and work on the budget numbers for FY21, FY22, and FY23. Cells highlighted in light blue are the ones you need to edit.
- The current amount for FY21 is for reference only. It is pulled from CalRptg ( Year: FY21, Scenario: Operating Budget Version: Working Fund: Current funds Excluding C&G).
- Please make any revisions needed in columns F, G, and H (in the light blue cells). Divisions will need to update the FY21 Operating Budget in CalPlan to match the submitted budget numbers in this template (Column F) when decisions are finalized.
- Please do not change data in the Campus Support, Annual Cost Recovery Assessment, Loan Proceed, and Loan Interests payment lines (cells highlighted in gray).
- Notes: Please provide brief notes for $ variances over +(-)$500K or percentage variances over (+)-5% in the notes section on the budget template.
II. Completing the "Expense Reductions" sheet
Please itemize your planned expense reductions for FY21. Reductions should be broken down between compensation and non-compensation reductions.
III. Completing the "Use of Reserves" sheet
Please itemize your planned use of reserves for FY21, FY22, and FY23 including funding loss mitigations, strategic investments, or some other purpose.