In conjunction with Quarterly Reporting, the Quarterly Flash Forecast process helps campus leadership more accurately assess if we're on track to meet our financial goals. These quarterly forecasts provide the opportunity to make material modifications to your existing plan, update leadership on how the campus is performing against its financial goals, and inform planning for the remainder of the year.
Please review the Quarterly Flash Forecast Submission Instructions for information on how to submit your Quarterly Flash Forecast. Please note that Divisions with Budget Improvement Targets included in their Budget Allocation letters will also need to include detailed plans on how they will achieve the target.
- Quarterly Flash Forecast Submission Instructions (review this first)
- Quarterly Flash Forecast Guidelines and Assumptions
- FY17 Flash Forecast Versions and Scenarios Calendar
- FY17 Quarterly Flash Forecast Spread Tool(link is external) (linked to Google Drive)
- FY17 Quarterly Flash Forecast Seasonality Trend Forecast Tool(link is external) (linked to Google Drive)
- FY17 Quarterly Flash Forecast Smart View Multi-Year Monthly Seasonality Tool
- FY17 Quarterly Flash Forecast Smart View Multi-Year_Multi-Scenario Monthly Seasonality Tool(link is external) (linked to Google Drive)
Overview of instructions:
- Update: Update your FY17 Forecast Working version with any material insights provided from your Quarterly Reporting variance analysis.
- Develop Action Plan: Develop an action plan for any corrective actions needed and update your FY17 Forecast Working version accordingly. The purpose of a forecast is to make decisions and take actions early enough to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Communicate: Discuss any material changes not previously approved by the Finance Committee with AVC-CFO Rosemarie Rae before finalizing your FY17 Forecast submission.
- Finalize: Review and finalize your FY17 Forecast in CalPlanning by the deadline. Update the required Smart View trend and variance reports and summarize material changes using the Summary of Changes Narrative template to include with your submission. Divisions with Budget Improvement Targets included in their Budget Allocation letters will also need to include detailed plans on how they will achieve the target.
- Submit: Submissions are due to Financial Analyst Maya Woodson Turman (email@example.com) by close of business on the due date.